1) 30 Seconds to Mars: 'The Kill' (2006)
2) Linkin Park: 'In the End' (2001)
3) Puddle of Mudd: 'Blurry' (2001)
4) Incubus: 'Nice to Know You' (2002)
5) Seether: 'Fine Again' (2003)
6) Staind: 'It's Been Awhile'
7) Jimmy Eat World: 'The Middle' (2002)
8) Three Days Grace: 'I Hate Everything About You'
9) Evanescence: 'Bring Me to Life' (2003)
10) The White Stripes: 'Seven Nation Army' (2003)
"You can't talk about the top alternative songs of the decade without mentioning Mike Shinoda (keyboardist/rhythm guitarist) and lead singer Chester Bennington's collaborations -- Shinoda rhythmic delivery is spot on with Benningston's powerful and emotional singing. 'In the End' is probably the duo's most recognized performance (as well as 'Runaway' and 'Crawling'), as they sing about a person who has lost faith in a relationship -- whether it be romantic or friendly: "What it meant to me / will eventually be a memory / of a time when I tried so hard / And got so far / But in the end It doesn't even matter.""